Do you manage social media accounts for your college, department or organization? Are you interested in social media but aren’t sure where to begin? EKU Communication and Brand Management can help!
Social media is an excellent way to communicate with the EKU community. It's a great avenue for telling wonderful stories about our people, places and programs in a cost-effective, meaningful way. This site serves as a resource for EKU's talented and dedicated socialites.
If you're just getting started, first evaluate which social media technologies and platforms are best for your communication needs. Then, browse the following resources and get involved with EKU's social group. Before long, you will be up to date on best practices for various platforms, able to write engaging posts and prepared to develop winning strategies.
Questions to ask before creating an account:
- What are the goals of creating such a site?
- Who is the intended audience for this site?
- What messages do we want to share on this site?
- Who will write the messages for the site?
- Who will update the site?
- How often do you plan to post content to the site?
- All official EKU accounts must be registered using an EKU email address. Any EKU Facebook pages must have two employees as administrators.
- All official EKU accounts must comply with branding guidelines. See Visual Identity Guide for best practices and branding standards.
General EKU Profile Pictures
The following resources are available to guide social media efforts at EKU.
Be a social media mover and shaker.
Get free support and advice.
Ask an Expert.
Social Media Guide [3.99MB PDF]
This guide provides general information about common social media networks in use at EKU and ways to make proper use of each network.
Social Media 101 Worksheet [94KB PDF]
This worksheet helps define the social media audience and goals
Writing for Social Media Worksheet [169KB PDF]
This worksheet helps you develop content for individual social media platforms
Social Media Calendar Worksheet [28KB PDF]
This worksheet helps you develop a calendar schedule for releasing social media content on platforms like Instagram, Instagram Stories, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
Instagram Storyboard Worksheet [369KB PDF]
This worksheet helps you develop a storyboard for Instagram Stories.
Social Media Templates
Templates are available in PSD and PPT formats